Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Its that time of year

I am pretty much obsessed with anything pumpkin flavored,be it a latte, beer, cookie, or bread. Now if you're like me, it just seems wrong to eat pumpkin when its warm out, so I have a tendency to go overboard and try and get my fill during the autumn months.
Last night I made this delicious bread from Alton Brown to pair with meatloaf and baked sweet potatoes. The pumpkin makes it really moist compared to other breads; its almost like a dessert.
The weather is still pretty nice here in Atlanta, but this meal made me want to pull out the sweaters and boots in preparation for the colder months to come.





 A few things to note:
     This makes A LOT of bread! I wasn't able to fit all of it in my regular bread pan, but it fit easily in this 8 X 8 baking dish.
     To save time, I used canned pumpkin instead of fresh as the recipe called for, and I substituted 1 cup of brown sugar for 1 cup of regular sugar for color. Pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg were also added for extra flavor.
     This recipe recommends pumpkin seeds, and while I didn't add anything to mine, you can certainly have fun with the recipe and add pecans, raisins, chocolate chips, etc.

Happy Baking!



http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pumpkin-bread-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment